Summer Social Mixed Hockey open to everyone.
The weekly mixed friendly matches will now continue on Wedesday evenings, 7:30-8.30pm, until numbers drop off.
Match fee £3 per player (£4 if we have to use the lights)
(By popular vote, any profits from this years Mixed Hockey will be put towards the NEW CLUBHOUSE. There will be a separate BMSC bank account for the fund raising donations.)
These are very sociable evenings and we meet up in the pub after the game for a drink.
Communications: Notifications are sent via Teamernet. If you want to join the Teamer group, please click HERE. The Teamer platform is a reliable way of contacting large numbers, especially if needed in a hurry, eg to cancel.
Social: in the George & Dragon afterwards.
BHC 4th Annual Mixed Hockey 7s Tournament will take place on Sat 4th Aug - details to follow.
Any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Judy & Nigel (07712 079730)
Social Mixed Hockey - Conditions of Play
Note: This ishockey played by adults. It is open to 12 year olds and above, who are looking to play in adult teams.
In order to put some structure to the mixed hockey sessions, which, as its name suggests, is social, the following will apply:
1. When playing on half a pitch numbers will be limited to a maximum of seven a side. This may require a number of teams and a series of short games, with teams swapping in and out. This would also provide umpires for the game(s) in progress.
2. No hits on goal, reverse stick hits or aerial or lifted balls. More experienced players should 'hold back'
3. Promote the use of "pushing" and "slapping"
4. Ensure there is, at the very least, a "player umpire", and where possible non-playing umpires.
5. A first aid kit should always be available. A number of qualified first aiders regularly attend the sessions.
6. We do not feel there was any need to restrict the age range further (currently 12 -120yrs) as this is "social hockey" designed to promote involvement of all ages at all ability levels.
As with all Belper Hockey, by playing, you assume the risk and are responsible for your actions.
|Home strip:||Navy shirt, Red socks|
|Away strip:||White shirt, White socks|