As we have no regular fixtures over the summer, we have dedicated this page to keeping you updated with all our activities and events during the summer months.
Team fixtures will appear again towards the start of the new season.
- Summer Social Mixed Hockey open to everyone (min age 12 yrs)
The weekly mixed friendly hockey starts at the end of April 2023, and will continue on Wednesday evenings, 7:00-8.00pm, throughout the summer, until numbers drop off.
Costs: £3 per player (£4 if we have to use the lights)/evening to be paid on the night, cash or card.
These are very sociable evenings, and we will meet up in the clubhouse after the game for a drink and chat.
- Summer Mixed 7s Tournament
This will be held on Sat 10th June. If you would like to get involved in any way, please contact Richard Irish
- Club Fundraising – Volunteering opportunities.
During the summer Belper Meadows is hosting two big running events. These provide the opportunity for us to raise some much-needed funds and help to keep our hockey subscriptions down. We will need some volunteers ……
- Sat 8th July 2023 – Belper Harriers Derwent River Relays – Race HQ and start/finish is at Belper Meadows Sports Club. There will be a children’s fun run at 1.30pm and the relays start at 2pm. We will provide BBQ and other refreshments during the afternoon.
- Sun 13th Aug 2023 – The Belper Rover, a challenging scenic circular 30 km run – Race HQ and start/finish is at Belper Meadows Sports Club. Competitors arrive from 7.30am. Walkers start at 8:30am/Runners from 9am – 10am. Refreshments will be served from ~9.30am
- Sat 4th Nov 2023 – BELPER’S BIGGEST BONFIRE – our biggest fundraiser. We need lots of volunteers so please step up.
Please put these dates in your diary and be ready to step up when the call comes. For both events, volunteers will be needed for carpark marshalling duties and serving refreshments