Summer Social Mixed Hockey
All Welcome (min age 12 yrs).
The weekly mixed friendly matches will start 19th May 2021, and will continue on Wedesday evenings, 7:00-8.00pm, throughout the summer, until numbers drop off.
Costs: To hire the pitch for one hour costs £48, the lights another £30. We need to cover these costs and maybe make a little profit.
Match fee £3 per player (£4 if we have to use the lights)
Profits from Mixed Hockey will be put towards the ASTRO REPLACEMENT FUND, so benefitting all Hockey members.
These are very sociable evenings and we meet up in the Clubhouse or pub after the game for a drink.
Communications: Notifications are sent via THIS WEBSITE. Please ask to be put on the Social Mixed Hockey Team List. This platform will be used to notify cancellations etc.
Social: in the New Pavilion afterwards.
Any questions please email: Judy & Nigel, or call Nigel on 07712 079730
Social Mixed Hockey – Conditions of Play
Note: This ishockey played by adults. It is open to 12 year olds and above, who are looking to play in adult teams.
In order to put some structure to the mixed hockey sessions, which, as its name suggests, is social, the following will apply:
1. When playing on half a pitch numbers will be limited to a maximum of seven a side. This may require a number of teams and a series of short games, with teams swapping in and out. This would also provide umpires for the game(s) in progress.
2. No hits on goal, reverse stick hits or aerial or lifted balls. More experienced players should ‘hold back’
3. Promote the use of “pushing” and “slapping”
4. Ensure there is, at the very least, a “player umpire”, and where possible non-playing umpires.
5. A first aid kit should always be available. A number of qualified first aiders regularly attend the sessions.
6. We do not feel there was any need to restrict the age range further (currently 12 -120yrs) as this is “social hockey” designed to promote involvement of all ages at all ability levels.
As with all Belper Hockey, by playing, you assume the risk and are responsible for your actions.