We will be holding an ‘Introduction to Hockey Coaching’ course at the Club on Sunday 23rd October, 11.00am – 5.00pm.
This is equivalent to the old L1 Assistant Coach course.
General Course Information
The course is for potential coaches with limited experience of hockey coaching. It is suitable for parent helpers, school teachers, young leaders and coaches with backgrounds in other sports.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Develop practical ideas on how to create fun, exciting and effective learning environments for children and students
- Demonstrate and explain the basic Rules of Hockey
- Deliver engaging games for their players
- Demonstrate and explain fundamental skills that will support the development of their participants
The course costs £75 (EH Coach members) and £90 (EH non-members) per participant.
The course lasts 6 hours (excluding breaks) and contains 1 hour of ‘classroom’ work and 5 hours of work on a pitch.
Participants receive a set of Coach and Inspire Game Cards to support them in their coaching role.
The course is delivered by England Hockey accredited tutors.
Course participants must be at least 16 years old (and with parental consent if under 18) at the time of the course taking place.
Upon completion of the course and the England Hockey online Safeguarding course or equivalent, participants will receive a Certificate of Attendance.
Information for Course Participants
- You will be required to register and pay for the course on the Find a Course or Workshop part of the ‘Coach and Teach’ section the England Hockey website.
- Payment must be made at the time of booking.
- Registration/log in details must be that of the participant and not of the person paying (if different). Anyone having problems booking online to please email [email protected].
- Places are offered on a first come first served basis and only secure when booked and paid for online. The deadline is Wednesday 12th October or when the course is full.
- Participants under the age of 18 must submit a Parental Consent Form (available on request from [email protected]) either by emailing it to [email protected] or by bringing it on the day of the course.
- Terms and Conditions can be found here
- Having registered, you will receive confirmation of your booking by email, along with other relevant information.
- You must have completed, prior to the course date, the England Hockey Online Safeguarding and Protecting Young People in Hockey Course or have attended one of the workshops shown here.
- Having successfully completed the course you will be issued with your Certificate of Attendance. This may take up to 2 weeks to process.
The course organiser, on behalf of Belper HC is Judy Hooker ([email protected])